Alright. So here is a bit of Thor’s costume process. My boy debuted this at Phoenix Comicon this year, you may have seen him with his Avenger siblings. The armor pieces were all built using EVA foam (which can be bought in sheets at places like Joann’s and Hobby Lobby). I used various thicknesses, from 6mm down to 2mm (for the detail work). I covered all of the foam in plasti dip (I used the kind in a spray paint can that can be bought at Home Depot or Lowe’s). Then I primed it and painted it. After they were all done I used a heat gun to heat the pieces up then formed them around various objects to give them a curved shape. The arm and leg guards were wrapped around a rolling pin and the shoulders on the chest were wrapped over the edge of a 5 gallon gas can - improvisation is the way to go when costume building. Ideally, I should have formed the pieces before I painted them, but this was a first for me. You live you learn.
The helmet was constructed the old fashioned pepakura way….cardstock covered with fiberglass resin and bondo. I attached the wings with some heavy duty epoxy glue.
His sleeves were basically quilted. I had some silver fabric with quilting batting and a black backing, then sewed the diamond shapes in and attached them to a black tank top.
He grew his own hair out. Enjoy! Feel free to ask questions….I know these instructions are pretty abysmal.